Sunday, January 17, 2016

Parting is such sweet sorrow!

It has been a very busy week for the puppies, and for me too! On Tuesday I left Idaho and headed south on my way to Sundance Utah to pick up Molly and see all of the babies before they started going off to new homes and various adventures.

I arrived in Utah on Wednesday afternoon and after some quick hellos and some errands with Sonja my co-breeder on this litter, we got back to their house and had some time to relax and talk about the puppies.

It's always difficult to decide where each puppy should go. You want to make the right match of puppy to owner so that they have the best chance at a long and happy partnership. Of course in the past weeks we have both been weighing pros and cons of which pup to keep, which to send and where to send it.

We went to sleep on Wednesday night still not completely decided. One pup had a home lined up and a nice couple from Springivlle, UT would be coming on Thursday after noon for the only boy in the litter, Galliano. So we made an appointment to take the pups in for vaccinations and deworming and a final check by the vet. We made it home just in time for the family to come for their boy.

After the agreement was signed and they new owners were instructed on food, feeding and various other puppy related things, they were on their way! Best wishes Galliano for a wonderful future filled with lots of good things.

Then Sonja and I set about deciding who would go where. By the end of the evening it was decided. Tia Maria and Kona Gold would stay with Sonja while she made her final decisions what homes they would be sent to.

I would take Irish Cream for a great home in Northern California. I would also bring Kahlua and Illy Espresso home with me and place them once I decide where they should go. It was so hard making the decisions as we had many more good homes than we had puppies to place in them! Of course this situation is always better than not enough homes for the pups you have.

This was a new experience for me as I have said before, since I was living vicariously thru phone calls and emails until I could finally get to see the babies in person. But all in all we are pleased with the quality and consistency of the litter overall. I may even do something like this again, but not for some time!

No comments:

Post a Comment